Sunday, May 27, 2007

Poor psychics

First they get the boot in Philly.

Now, it looks like they may have to pass a test to practice in the home of witch country: Salem.

Apparently the "legitimate" practitioners are worried that fakes will show up and cause serious damage. The "official witch" (whatever that means) of Salem, Laurie Cabot, said that she had to pass a test 20 years ago in which she performed a reading for a police officer. So what were the stringent requirements?

"He sat down with me, I did a psychic reading, he was pleased with the reading, and I got my license."

Tough, eh?

I wonder if Laurie would care to subject herself to the same tests she encourages the city council to require new practitioners to undergo. All signs point to "No."

5 comments:

mollishka said...

"Psychics" and "physics" are not the same thing. No matter how similar they might look.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Jon Voisey said...

Did I make a typo somewhere? If so I'm not seeing it.

mollishka said...

No ... I just have trouble reading sometimes.

Dream Interpretation said...

I agree to the test so that fake pscyhics will be avoided.

Dream Interpretation said...

I agree to the test so that fake pscyhics will be avoided.