Thursday, September 13, 2007

Checking in

I haven't been posting much because it's been a very busy semester for me. With 16 credit hours of junior and senior level physics classes, as well as becoming involved in KU's ballroom dancing club, time has been been a bit scarce. I've been typically spending anywhere from 8 to 16 hours on campus a day.

But in the meantime, some of my commentary was published in the Lawrence Journal World concerning the largest violation of the separation of church and state.

Also, today's Astronomy Picture of the Day was rather familiar: it's the cluster I spent the summer of 2006 researching. Nice to see that this rather ignored little cluster is getting some more time in the limelight.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Chill out. My RSS reader is patient.

Ulyanov said...

Do separation mean separate but equal?

If not, and the state is seen has the stronger partner, doesn't that mean the state dominates the church?

The church is certainly not the stronger partner, and the state limits the churches free speech through tax laws.

What gives?

The usual atheist double standard?