Wednesday, August 19, 2009

RE: Those awful ads

Last month PZ asked his readers to send for pamphlets for a religious organization in order to subject them to some real critical analysis. So I did.

We were limited to three. It was a hard choice. There were at least 5 I wanted to get. The Creation or Evolution: Does It Really Matter What You Believe? was an obvious choice. There were a few on End of Times and Eschatology (which I've been getting into for a side project I've been chipping away at for nearly 3 years now), so I also picked up Are We Living in the Time of the End?. And just to round things out, I also picked up Life's Ultimate Question: Does God Exist?.

They arrived yesterday. I was spending time with my girlfriend, so I haven't had time to read them yet but I'm hoping to get to them here soon. From flipping through them, I already expect that there won't be anything new. I can probably copy/paste arguments from old posts of mine given how copy/paste the Creationist arguments are looking to be. But we'll see.

No comments: