Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Top 8 Dinosaur Discoveries of 2009

Popular Mechanics has a great article up listing their favorite dinosaur discoveries of 2009.

What's amazing to me is that more than half of these are feathered! Creationists always ask for transitional forms, and regardless of whether or not these new discoveries are part of the direct lineage of birds, they still show that a large family of feathered dinos existed for evolution to draw upon. So I guess I'm not just going to be listing archaeopteryx as the only feathered dinosaur I know of anymore.

3 comments:

Chet Twarog said...

We'll keep finding more transitional fossils. Perhaps creationists will eventually transition to obscurity.

Unknown said...

Sometimes I still wish to follow my childhood desire and become a paleontologist.

Chet Twarog said...

We'll keep finding more transitional fossils. Perhaps creationists will eventually transition to obscurity.