Monday, September 24, 2007

What I learned today

Physics professors love colored chalk.

All of my classes are in the same room (2005 Malott). I also teach my lab Monday nights in that room. This morning, during my first class, I noticed there was a piece of red chalk scattered amongst the pieces of typical white chalk. I got pretty excited. When I get my teacher evaluations at the end of each semester, my students frequently comment on two things: My t-shirts with witty Physics/Astronomy sayings, and my drawings. Red chalk could make my drawings even more exciting.

But when I got to my lab tonight, that nearly full stick of red was down to a nub and the chalk holder was covered with pink dust.

*Sigh*

At least there was enough to color the eyes of my space alien red...

2 comments:

Reggie said...

I hope you don't end up like Rosenau, with a higher degree with the label KANSAS in it.

Just try getting academic appointment.

Reggie said...

I hope you don't end up like Rosenau, with a higher degree with the label KANSAS in it.

Just try getting academic appointment.