Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Good Answers"

I've mentioned before that one of the nifty (or creepy depending on how you look at it) features of Gmail is that it scans through your Email and recommends links that should be of interest to you. Today, it gave me one to an Every Student (a fundamentalist Christian group that targets students) web page on the existence of Adam and Eve.

It looks to be a sort of FAQ where people ask questions and then the Every Student staff answers it. This particular question asked:
What proof is there for the story of Adam and Eve as the first human beings on earth?
The Every Student site responds saying it's a good question that "requires good answers" and that there "is good evidence to believe the story of Adam and Eve".

What is that good evidence you may ask?

Five paragraphs of "the Bible says so."

I'd laugh, but I can't help feeling it's amazingly depressing that anyone can be so completely devoid of logic that they would buy such an answer as legitimate or logical.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it, and I was at about the fourth paragraf before I even understood they were making an argument.

Anonymous said...

I'm reminded of the riddle:

Scientists find two ancient bodies, one man and one woman, frozen in a glacier and know at a glance that the pair are the fabled Adam and Eve. How do they know this?

Anonymous said...

How do they know this???
Hmmmmmmmm ........
Supposedly because the Adam and Eve have no belly buttons? lol

I try to stay away from the "The Bible is Gawd's spoken word" crowd. They just are not right in the head!

Vjatcheslav said...

I read it, and I was at about the fourth paragraf before I even understood they were making an argument.