Friday, July 07, 2006

Astronomy Internship - Day 26

It's been confirmed. I definately have another 12 images to process. I don't mind the work, but staring at that same screen, going through 200+ stars one by one... after two images, my brain feels like it's melting out of my ears.

So my advisor should be putting together some sort of other work for me to do to add a bit of variety.

I also found out today that Friday, we'll be taking a trip to Mt. Wilson Observatory. For those of you that aren't familiar with astronomical history, Mt. Wilson was the observatory at which Edwin Hubble did most of his major research which led to the discovery that some of those fuzzy spiral nebulae were actually complete galaxies, seperate from our own as well as the realization that the universe is expanding.

The dining hall has once again been taken over by football camps. I ended up having to wait in line for 45 minutes just to get in. Thinking ahead, I quickly grabbed a free table before getting food so I wouldn't have to carry a loaded tray around looking for a seat while children bustled about. But of course, as soon as I went to get food, the table was taken over dispite my having placed my vest across the table.

Tomorrow I'm going to get fast food...

No comments: