Friday, July 07, 2006

Astronomy Internship - Day 27

I was able to get through processing three images today, which leaves me with only 9 more to do. At this rate, I should be finished with this step by the middle of next week (given that tomorrow we'll be at Mt. Wilson).

I also found out today, that I will most likely not be observing. Originally, we'd wanted to take images of another open cluster (NGC 6791), but to take good data, we'd need to use the 40" telescope which is currently being refurbished.

At midnight tonight, several of us are getting together to see the new Pirates of the Carribean movie. This means that we'll only be getting a few hours of sleep before getting up nice and early to go to Mt. Wilson which is a ~3 hour drive. Fortunately, it's the professors that are driving so we're planning on napping.

No comments: