Friday, July 28, 2006

Astronomy Internship - Day 43

Another great day at Comic Con. Today there was a "hide from the stormtroopers" game in which you could get a badge, and if a stormtrooper (or other Star Wars baddie) caught you, you had to hand it over. If you still had it at the end of the day, you would be given a raffle ticket for some pretty nice prizes drawn the next day.

So I spent most of my day at the Wizkids booth teaching kids to play Pirates and giving their reps a little bit of a break since the game has become very popular thanks to the Pirates of the Carribean movie that's just released. Poor guys couldn't keep up with all the people coming to try it out.

Most of the rest of my time was spent at the Konami booth where they had a demo of the new Dance Dance Revolution game coming out this fall. The pads they had there were pretty poor, so instead of playing for technical merits, I ended up playing freestyle the whole day (see here for a good sample of DDR freestyle).

I'd planned on going to costume masquerade tonight, but unfortunately, I got so carried away doing other things, I lost track of time and couldn't get tickets so I ended up coming home early since there wasn't any other fun night programming.

No comments: