Friday, July 28, 2006

Astronomy Internship - Day 42

My advisor was entertaining a guest back in Kansas today, so she didn't have time to prepare anything new for me and I had the day off. Back to Comic Con it was for me. I ended up doing quite a bit of shopping today. I got my girlfriend a hoodie featuring the image of Totoro from the Miazaki film "My Neighbor Totoro".

I also got signatures from Temura Morrison and David Prowse who played Jango Fett and Darth Vader, respectively, in Star Wars. Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) was also there, but every time I walked by she was ignoring fans and talking on her cell phone. I wasn't about to pay $40 for her signature.

My other big goodie was the exclusive convention ship from the WizKids constructable strategy game Pirates. It was a very long day but very fun. Two days left!

No comments: