Most of the time I find religion to be nothing more than a rather illogical hobby that many people engage themselves in. But every once in a good while, whether it be "loving" Christians burning down your house, or promoting violent video games so long as they're religious, or Muslims flying planes into buildings, religion suddenly doesn't seem quite as innoculous as it may otherwise.
Another dangerous group seems to have reared its ugly head recently. It's lead by two evangelical preachers, Titus and North.
So what are their goals?
- The overthrow of the American government and replacement with a Christian theocracy ("I don't want to capture their system. I want to replace it")
- The public stoning of gays and non-Christians ("rocks are cheap and plentiful")
- Conversion of Air Force cadets (future pilots with their fingers on nuclear triggers)
- Assassination of anyone they deem to be "tyrants" (that's what the second ammendment is supposedly for)
- Abolish public education (makes indoctrination too hard for them)
While I whole heartedly support their right to free speech, at the same time, it's these sorts of people that the US government should be keeping tabs on instead of tapping the phone lines of random citizens without warrants, or harassing Google for search data, and then acting surprised when an act of terrorism comes from our own.